Mitchell Falls Discoverer
This scenic flight includes:
- Flight in air-conditioned high quality aeroplanes - the newest planes and only air conditioned fleet in Kununurra
- Courtesy transfer to and from our terminal within Kununurra
- Use of our air conditioned terminal building
- Cold bottled water, Ord Valley sandalwood scented refresher towels, and sweets
- Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets
How to avoid and reduce emissions whilst on holiday:
- Travel light – remember every extra kg that needs to be transported needs more fuel and generates more greenhouse gas emissions.
- Buy souvenirs produced locally – buying a cheap imported knock-off of a traditional item as a souvenir does not support the local community and creates additional transport emissions.
The North Kimberley with its untouched, remote coastline hides its secrets well until you take to the air. This full-day plane and helicopter tour covers an area the size of central Europe. Majestic waterfalls, cattle stations, wilderness reserves and incredible coastal views will keep you enthralled all day. View the Ord Irrigation area, Cockburn Range, King George Falls, Berkeley River, Cambridge Gulf, Mitchell Falls, and Wyndham mud flats. Land to walk to the Mitchell Falls and enjoy 2 thrilling helicopter flights.
ORD IRRIGATION AREA – EL QUESTRO – KING GEORGE FALLS – BERKELEY RIVER – CAMBRIDGE GULF - MITCHELL FALLS HELICOPTER FLIGHT AND WALK
Fly by plane from Kununurra along the north Kimberley Coast, view the King George Falls, Berkely River, pearl farms and more, landing at the Mitchell Plateau. Transfer to a helicopter for a thrilling flight landing at the Mitchell Falls camp ground. Your pilot/guide will lead your 4.5 km walk to the Mitchell Falls. Spend 2 hours here then board your helicopter for a return flight over the Mitchell Falls to the airstrip. Then fly by plane to Kununurra over the Cockburn Range and El Questro. Includes morning tea and lunch.
- Fly over the Ord River Irrigation Area, Carlton Hill Station, Wyndham and the Cambridge Gulf to the coast.
- View beautiful patterned mud flats near Wyndham at the mouth of the Ord and King Rivers.
- Marvel at the Berkeley River Gorge, King George Falls, and Kalumburu.
- Land at the remote Mitchell Plateau airstrip to transfer to a HeliSpirit helicopter and fly to the start of the walk to the falls.
- Enjoy a guided 4.5 km hike into the Mitchell Falls and time to explore the falls and swim.
- Picnic lunch is included in a backpack for you to carry.
- Fly by helicopter taking off above the falls and flying over them for great photo opportunities. Land at the airstrip to transfer to your plane.
- Return to Kununurra flying over El Questro and the Cockburn Range.
What to bring: swimwear and towel, water bottle. Wear sturdy walking shoes, light cotton clothing, hat, sunscreen.
BOOK NOW! Please call 1800 095 500 | (08) 9166 9300